Happy 24 weeks!
- The big new this week is that we have reached viability. This is the point where the baby has a 50% chance of surviving outside my body. And it only gets better from here on out.
- Charlemagne is active as ever. And we are both loving it too. Sometimes, he can really be going to town in there. Maybe he'll be a spaz like his mommy.
- Charlemagne is the size of a cantaloupe. That seems so huge to me! He is 10.5-to-11.8-inch and weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces.
- According to TheBump.com, my symptoms are supposed to be:
- swollen ankles and feet: nope
- leg cramps: nope
- back aches: only when I sit with bad posture for too long
- linea nigra: yep. from the top to the bottom.
- stretch marks: nope.
- We registered! We went to buybuy BABY to register together and then I also registered at Target. I've now got a lot of samples, several pacifiers, a bottle, and even a can of formula. Oh and coupons. Lots of coupons.
- We started our Bradley childbirth classes last Monday. I'm really glad we signed up. It's no big thing for me to read a book on childbirth, but Mike is much less likely to pick one up. So, I'm glad we're attending a class to learn more information together.
- Part of the Bradley method emphasizes how exercises during pregnancy can help you during labor. And I'm having to do a lot of squats.
- Also, speaking of exercise, I continue to do my walking. I'm doing about two miles three times a week. I'd like to be doing two miles five times a week. We'll see.
- I've realized how much I dislike how I look in many maternity dresses and tops. I really like body hugging clothes and most maternity shirts are tents! So, I'm still sticking with regular shirts and dresses for the most part, but maternity pants.
- I am still loving being pregnant. I love my body. I generally feel fantastic. Sometimes, I even forget I've got this huge belly...until I look in a mirror or touch it. Haha.
|labworks infinity scarf from Target \\ Mossimo Supply Co. tank \\ LOFT maternity jeans \\ American Rag flats|
Like how I metered in such a way that my belly blends in with the window? Oops :)