Yay! 21 weeks! This has been a wonderfully exciting week for us:
- Finally had our anatomy scan yesterday! I have a lot of friends who found out the gender much sooner than we were able to. But, surprisingly, I haven't minded the wait.
- Everything looked great at our scan. It was awesome to see our baby and all it's amazing baby parts. Mike and I were talking afterwards and how this verse had popped in both of our heads:
- For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13.
- I'm apparently measuring one week ahead. Not sure what the implications of that are and I didn't really think to ask. From my Googling, though, one week doesn't seem to be a huge deal.
- Mike felt the baby move for the first time this week! That was super thrilling for me.
- I'm off to a wedding in a bit, which is why I'm all gussied up. Grateful, once more, for clothing that has been lent to me. Maternity dresses are still very tent-like on me. This is a Merona dress that Mary lent me. (Thanks Mary!)
- Baby is now the size of a pomegranate!
And since I know the only reason you came here was for a few ultrasound photos, here they are. I've got a few more and I'll be scanning and sharing those later. These were just taken with my phone, so I'm sorry for the quality. And I'm sorry for the stray dog hair that may or may not be on one of the photos. Oops!
This was, by far, our favorite part of the ultrasound. Seeing the four chambers of Charlemagne's heart. This, more than hearing the heartbeat, feeling my baby move, or seeing other ultrasound images, wells up all the feels inside of me. How wonderful and awesome and incredible. I love love love looking at this photo.
Some of you saw this on Instagram. Charlemagne giving us the peace sign!
Gender reveal tomorrow! We've picked up the cake and everything! What do you think, boy or girl? (All the old wives tales give me a 50/50 chance.)