Saturday, August 3, 2013

18 weeks!


Woohoo! 18 weeks pregnant!
  • All my maternity clothes have been washed, folded and sorted through. Yay for friends who are done having babies and give me their old maternity clothes! I got LOTS of hand-me-downs and, while I won't use them all, it will definitely help to save a lot of money.
  • Speaking of maternity clothes...um, why didn't anyone tell me how fabulous they were? I gave in and bought these maternity shorts (the only ones my local Old Navy had in my size). I'm in love. It's like wearing sweatpants all day long.
  • After lots of phone calls, I finally got my OB file faxed from my old doctor to my new one. Talk about frustrating! It shouldn't take three-and-a-half-weeks to get me files faxed! Wanna know how I got it done? I was at my wit's end and I ended up bursting into tears on the phone with the receptionist. Next thing she says? "Oh! Julie is faxing them right now!" Huh. Suddenly it was so easy.
  • Charlemagne official has possessions! I bought a crib and baby gym from IKEA and some super cool wall art from a friend. 
  • Up until now, the room that will be the nursery has been our catch-all room. It's been cleaned out (for the most part) and I took a huge load to Goodwill. Still have a few things to sell and/or sort through, but we're getting there!
  • The summer TV fast is over! While I didn't join Mike watching TV on August 1st, I turned on "What to Expect When You're Expecting" last night. Not going to make anyone's top 10 list, but it was still cute and funny.
  • Today, I was on my bed, laying on my belly when I realized that I was feeling Charlemagne! I'm counting this as my official quickening. It was so obvious that it was the baby. Also? Way more magical than when I was sitting at the stoplight wondering if that was the baby or gas.
Baby's now the size of a sweet potato! Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements. ~The Bump

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird