Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thankful

[source]

Happy New Year to you all! I had such a fun time ringing in 2012 with my wonderful family. My sister and I decided to have ourselves a little cocktail party and we got all dolled up. Full face of make-up. I curled my hair AND my eyelashes. I even wore a TIARA. Very dolled up indeed.

[source]
Unfortunately, all the photos are on either my mother's camera or on a couple of film cameras. So, you'll just have to wait to see any of them. In the mean time, you'll have to settle for the ones I'm finding on weheartit.

We turned up the Rdio and partied the night away. Sipping citrus sangria, dancing, and telling stories. :) It reminded me a little of the new year's eve parties from when we were little. Well, one nye in particular. I was probably about 7 or 8 and I put on this pretty white dress. Jimmy Buffett was on the record player and we were dancing in the living room. I was twirling, of course. Apparently, I was ALWAYS twirling as a child. No wonder I love dancing so much these days!

[source]

One thing I'm thankful for right now is family. I absolutely love spending time with my family. We're blessed to all be very different and still love each other so much. And we like each other too. I love that my parents respect my privacy to not want to "crash" my tiny party. And I love it, even more, to tell them that they can crash my party anytime! 

I'm thankful for my family. Even if my big brother farts on me. Yes, that still happens. >:[  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird