Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a photographer's birthdaychristmas haul

I got a few great gifts this Christmas. Several of them were photography related which, of course, I just love. I
My lovely sister got me this necklace for my birthday! Isn't it lovely? I've gotten more compliments on this necklace that anything else I own!


 I bought this camera and lenses from a friend from church. I got some birthday money from my wonderful MIL and used that to buy these. Once I got them home, I needed a bit of help from Mike to figure it out. By the 5th question, he said, "Why did you even buy this?" LOL. I'm a digital girl! 

Minolta x-700 with 35mm f/2.8 attached. 135mm f/2.8 and 50mm f/1.4.

I've been taking photos with this camera and cannot wait to get them developed to see if any of them turned out.

It's quite the learning curve for this digital girl. I've been having to manually focus and I'm no good at that. I don't trust my eyes when focusing!

I actually got THIS BAG for Christmas! I was blown away and couldn't believe it! I love this bag and it's already proved very useful. It's large, especially on my small frame, but it fits all my equipment and it's PRETTY. :)

Inside you can see my birthdaychristmas haul. :) Actually the most I've fit in this bag so far has been: 1 SLR, 1 DSLR, a case of close-up filters, 430ex II, Sigma 28-80mm, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-55mm f/2.8. Oh and my wallet, keys, phone & ipod.

Wow. Someone loved me enough to get me a 70-200!

Just kidding! It's actually a Canon Lens MUG. From my brother-in-common-law, Kevin! I scream/squealed when I opened it I was so excited. I totally wasn't expecting that--even though I asked for it, lol! I think my tea will taste better coming from this mug :)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I LOOOOVE the Lens mug! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird