|Instagram photo taken by Mike|
Mike and I hosted Thanksgiving this year!
I called my dad up the week before Thanksgiving and asked him if he had planned anything yet. "Well, it's not the day before Thanksgiving. So, no."
I knew he was going to say that. :) And then I offered to host and he just LOVED that idea.
I had planned on some cute centerpiece decorations, but I'm glad I didn't bother with that. At Thanksgiving, the food is the centerpiece! ^_^
Everyone brought a side AND I bought a fully cooked smoked turkey from Publix. This meant I could cook a few really delicious sides and not have to slave away in the kitchen all day long. :)
Oh yeah, and we had crème brûlée for dessert! I was kind of intimidated by it, but it wasn't hard at all. I definitely plan on making it again.
Other fun moments:
- Watching the parade & dog show, of course!
- Going around the table and talking about what we are thankful for.
- Introducing my dad to "The Mysterious Ticking Noise"
- My mom doing all the Thanksgiving dishes (while not a "fun" moment, I was VERY grateful!)
- Mike getting to use his new torch for the first time on the crème brûlée
- Apples to Apples with the family until we ran out of cards.
Yep! This Thanksgiving was a wonderful one! I am so thankful for my wonderful family! I love how we can all come together and have such a great time with each other. :) How was your Thanksgiving?
Recipes I used:
Mixed green salad with oranges, dried cranberries, and pecans
Southern Living's Home-style Green Bean Casserole
Alton Brown's Crème Brûlée
from a box: cranberry & orange muffins, pumpkin bread, crescent rolls