Monday, May 2, 2011

I don't usually comment on anything global or political, etc on here. But today, with people celebrating in the streets that Bin Laden is dead, I did want to post this quote. My friend Andrew Pittman had this up on Facebook this morning and I don't think I could have summarized it any better.

"Great. Rejoice over the death of a human being. I'm sure that'll show the world that the western culture isn't the root of all evil. Maybe he was legitimately terrible. Maybe justice is appropriate, but does partying over death really make us better than violent radical religious extremists?"

1 comment:

Miscellaneous From Missy said...

Yeah, that's how I felt too. I know he killed a lot of us, and I'm mad about it, too. I do believe he deserved the death sentence, but I don't think it was right to celebrate so big like that. Distasteful. I kept thinking: God loves him, too. He was a person that God died for.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird