Friday, March 4, 2011

photography: okame cherry trees and freelensing


Okame cherry trees are generally Spring's earliest bloomers. These photos were taken on February 25th--that's still considered winter!


We're having a bit of an early spring here in SC. We've had some 75° days already and I'm a little spoiled. While I hope these record highs aren't indicative of the summer temps, I'm loving the warm weather. It was 50° today and I was bummed because it was chillier than I'd prefer.


I was like, "Ugh. I have to wear a sweater today?" But my relatives in Michigan woke up to icy roads.


I had this.


So, I really can't complain...


All these photos were taken using "freelensing." Which is taking photos with your lens NOT attached to your camera. You can read more about it at this PhotoJoJo article. While I really like freelensing, I don't exactly recommend it.


Pretty right? I love flowering cherry trees--who doesn't!


Swoon! So dreamy! I'm so glad I live in the South.

{camera data for all photos: ISO 100 | 1/1600s | 50mm (sometimes backward) }

4 comments:

Josh Skinner said...

Cherry Blossoms are way better than most other blossoms - even apple blossoms.

Just sayin'

;)

Miscellaneous From Missy said...

Beautiful!!! I'm moving now.

Although, I have to admit, the snow we had here this morning really was gorgeous. I wish you'd been here to take swoony photos for me.

fraukuech said...

@Josh, cherry blossoms are the best! And definitely 9000x better then pear. Yuck!

@Missy, our paths will intersect one of these days. :)

Gerald and Erin said...

wow, those are some beautiful shots! loving your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird