Sunday, January 9, 2011

so much pretty: black and brown and pink all over

Remember how I said I'd be trying new outfits? Well, this is one of them! I wore this to church today and knew I had to get some photos for the blog. It's definitely a more adventurous outfit for me. Also, happily, I got HerrKuech to take these photos for me.


So, I really hate these two photos together because the white balance is SO off. I couldn't seem to fix it in Picasa and was too lazy to open up Lightroom. Oh well, I had to show off these details! On the left are my tights. I'm wearing a hot pink pair underneath a pair of patterned white tights. I've owned these pink tights for years and have never even toyed with the idea of wearing them in public...until I saw this post. And on the right side are probably my favorite pair of earrings. My husband brought me them from Bangladesh when we had only been dating for a few months.


Face? Well, I was wearing makeup earlier. A full face and everything, and well, that was about 14 hours ago. I am, however, wearing my favorite and most versatile accessory: a string of pearls! And if you're wondering about my lifeless hair, you should know that I had a cute low pony earlier. Maybe I should take these photos earlier in the day...

I really loved this outfit. It's so much fun to wear, and doubling up my tights kept my legs warm in the mid-twenties weather this morning! In picking this outfit, I started with the tights, and after some trial and error, this is what I ended up with. This outfit definitely pushed my boundaries and is not something I would have worn this time last year. But, like in the last post, I feel like this outfit seriously needs a belt. I think maybe I need to go buy a belt...maybe two. I don't have any useable belts. Also, another thing I need to keep in mind is to not think of this outfit as something I can wear over and over again. I want to mix things up and if my adventurous outfits become my daily outfits--what's the point?


From top to bottom: 
earrings from Bangladesh, pearl necklace from my mother, Old Navy pink cardigan, Sundress from Wal*Mart, Old Navy pink tights, White tights...found in my closet, no tags, Madden Girl boots

2 comments:

Miscellaneous From Missy said...

You are really getting me excited about tights. It's so cold up here, and on Sunday I wanted to wear a cute skirt, but I decided not to on account of the zero degree weather (seriously, not exaggerating). BUT if I put out some cash for cute tights...I might still get to wear my cute skirts, and I'll get bonus points for buying and wearing daring tights. Maybe even layered tights. I'm so glad you decided to put the pretty on this blog!

fraukuech said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I really like wearing tights because I feel like is a relatively safe way to be a little creative with what I wear. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird