Monday, October 26, 2009

mos def is an actor

Maybe it's because I like words, (even though you'd never know that thanks to my frequent typos) but I don't get the shortening of words that has become trendy. The first time I got an emails that said "totes" and was not referring to bags, I had to ask my trust friend Google. Of course, I'm not entirely about scrutiny. I use vaycay, I have been known to refer to my parents as the 'rents and I definitely have some faves.

But...obvi? presh? perf? din-din??? I'm reminded of talking with Davis who is two and does not have a proper grasp on the English language. He calls me "tee" and says "ga-bu" for thank you. It is so dang cute.

If you're a lover of these cute abbrevs, I found this cute guide. However, I would strongly advise against saying din-din or night-night unless you are a) under five-years-old or b) talking to someone who is under five-years-old.

2 comments:

Leo said...

is that really what comes to mind when you think "mos def"?? actor? *sigh*

Tiffany ♥ said...

Mos Def's wikipedia listing labels him as an actor before the even mention music. And, hello Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird