Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Self-Control

You know what really helped me finish my papers and study for exams? SelfControl. Not my own, though, because I get too distracted. 


There's a downloadable application called SelfControl. You put a list of sites on the blacklist (twitter, facebook, youtube, etc) and then set the timer. I set the time for an hour so I would study and write my paper, then I would get a study break to check my email and for a few minutes. After my little break, I would set the timer again. 

I promise this isn't a paid advertisement! Ha-ha. SelfControl was just really helpful for me and I wanted to recommend it to any of your procrastinators out there.

It's FREE but, um, it's for OS X. Sorry, PC.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird