Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Saving Money

My frugal friend Ali has gotten me intrigued with all the ways she saves money. So, I wanted to share with you the ways that I have been saving money.

Did you know that, at Publix, manufacturer coupons up to 50 cents are doubled? (Read the official Publix coupon policy.) Publix has a TON of buy one get one free (bogo) deals right now. However, it's not actually buy one get one free--the items are 50% off. 

I had a very successful trip to Publix yesterday. I got thirteen dollars worth of stuff for four. It's a small list of savings, but I was pretty excited about it.
  • I had signed up for this free sample of Quaker Mini Delights (which were super yummy, by the way) and, with the sample, got a 50 cents off any Quaker snacks coupon. I took that to Publix and got a dollar off my rice snacks! Of course, those won't last long because they're so addicting!
  • I had also gotten a coupon for a free Kashi frozen entree in the mail. Unfortunately, that coupon is no longer available but, at my local Publix, Kashi frozen meals are buy one get one free which is a pretty great deal. I was hoping that I could "buy" one with my free coupon and get the next one free...but like I said above, at Publix it's not actually BOGO, it's 50% off. (Which, if you buy two, is the same thing.)
  • A few weeks ago, I cut two coupons for one dollar off that new Mentos gum. Well, guess how much they were at Publix? Only a dollar, that's right. Or, for me, they were free!
This morning, I got free Chick-fil-a chick-n-mini's for breakfast. Yum! :) Google around to see if you local Chick-fil-a is giving away free breakfast. I get it every week.

Other things I got in the mail lately? A free sample of Betty Crocker Warm Delights Minis (no longer available), free samples of Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew (also no longer available), and some gift cards (Old Navy, Bath & Body Works, P.F. Changs). The gift cards were not free, I redeemed points from my Amex rewards. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you don't already because, well, I'm just not going to recommend credit cards.

I'm a newbie in the world of coupons and freebies, but its exciting to learn how much you can save!

♥, TiffanyAnne

2 comments:

Brent Crawford said...

Good post! I didn't know about the Publix doubled coupon policy, that's awesome. The BOGO 50% off trick seems to work at most places, but not everywhere. Walgreens only makes the markdown if two of the items are recorded.

Brian Pat said...

Hey, thanks for this great info.
how long will it last do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird