Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Veritas

Today at Shepherding Group, instead of doing our usual thing, we watched 'The Passion.' Mike and I were surprised to find that out because we had both just been talking about it and how we felt that we needed to watch it--though I didn't really want to. But it's not exactly a movie that you watch to enjoy.

It's a hard movie to watch because it is not just a movie. It's truth. The Passion of Jesus Christ was a real event. I think that, though it makes the movie nearly unbearable at points, the accurately portrayed scourging and crucifixion is a good thing. It hits home. It makes you almost feel that pain.

That pain that somebody went through as a man for me.

Sometimes, during the movie, when it got really bad, I whispered at the men on TV: "Stop! Stop it!" like I could do anything to make them stop. It made me realize that I can't make them stop because I am them. And he forgave me anyways.

Aren’t you the strangest friend there is?
They were yellin’ “Crucify” you said “Forgive”
When he was drivin’ in the nails
You looked and saw someone you’d die to love
And I can’t understand why this hammer’s in my hand
You forgive me but then I return to my sin
I need forgiveness again.
Grand Incredible: Forgiveness Again

At the end of the movie--well, you know the story--is the Resurrection! Hurrah! Jesus lives! :-) It makes one want to sing a praise song to say, "Thank you, Jesus, for saving me!"

My heart is filled with a thousand songs
Proclaiming the glories of Calvary
With every breath, Lord how I long
To sing of Jesus who died for me
Lord, take me deeper
Into the glories of Calvary
"The Glories of Calvary"

♥Tiffany♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's the part that a lot of people don't get, I'm afraid. It's easy to look back and condemn, without looking within and realizing we are the same. Anyhoo, it was all destined and necessary so.... well, I guess I don't have anything to add. It speaks for itself as the defining moment; The moment when God closed the book on the old covenant and began the new covenant... As a personal act of suffering for all his chosen people.

Miscellaneous From Missy said...

Yay! God is so AWESOME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird