Monday, April 2, 2007

"Here's To Hindsight"


I know they say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover (and I know that quote isn't even about books) but I do. Tara Leigh Cobble's "Here's To Hindsight" has a great cover with good design. Parts of that book are in the typewriter font, which I love, and the rest is in a simple serif font which is ideal--makes for easy reading. The chapter headings are in what I can only assume to be Tara Leigh Cobble's own handwriting. Also, it has that jagged edge which gives it a sort of hand-made feel while not feeling hand-made at all. I love the jagged edge.
Also, there are song quotes scattered about the chapters that tie into the writing and it's almost like having a soundtrack to the book.
On the back of the book, Matt Wertz likens Tara Leigh Cobble's writing to Anne Lamont and Donald Miller. I am currently in the middle of a book by both. This (along with the book being on sale) gave me the extra push I needed to purchase it. I was not disappointed. Along with the super cool jagged edge, the book is so real. Not in a concrete, tangible sense, but, rather, in the sense that you know that the author is pouring herself out in the most sincere way.
Turns out not where but who you're withThat really mattersAnd hurts not much when you're around.--Dave Matthew's Band, "The Best of What's Around"
p.s. i've talked a bit more about it here...more emotional less 'review'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird