Saturday, April 7, 2007

Recycling

I'm writing a speech on recycling. We're to use the motivated sequence that pretty much goes like this: Attention Step, Problem Step, Satisfaction Step, Visualization Step, and Action/Urge Step.

So mine is as follows:
I. Attention Step: tell story about fabulous entrepreneurial Leo & me starting a business collecting cans. a.k.a. Cans For Kids
II. Problem Step: Here's the problem. We make too much trash. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) "each person generated an average of 4.46 pounds of solid waste (e.g., garbage) per day." That a lot of trash. In 1998, it was 220 million tons. Holy cow.
III. Satisfaction Step: How to we help the problem? Recycle. Did you know that the energy saved from recycling one water bottle can power a computer for 25 minutes?
IV. Visualization Step: List out benefits of recycling...like less nasty landfills.
V. Action/Urge Step: Go! Recycle! Stop making so much trash!

The problem with this is...I don't actually recycle. I know, I know! I totally should. And I think that my next day off, I'm going to go out and buy some bins and start recycling.

If you're going to the market to buy some juice
You've got to bring your own bags and you learn to reduce your waste
And if your brother or your sister's got some cool clothes
You could try them on before you buy some more of those
Reuse, we've got to learn to reuse
And if the first two R's don't work out
And if you've got to make some trash
Don't throw it out
Recycle, we've got to learn to recycle,
We've got to learn to
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Jack Johnson: "The 3 R's"
♥Tiffany♥

2 comments:

Tokyo Pink said...

That was me and you, not Leo and you!!! Or maybe it was all three of us. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Anonymous said...

Recycling is mandatory in Milwaukee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird