Wednesday, February 28, 2007

the story of my life

I'm writing a work of fiction for my creative writing class. I surprised myself when it turned out to be thirteen pages long.

The thing is--it is not exactly fiction. Yep, it's all true. Right down to the recipe for bruchetta. I did however leave out that I went to the gym that afternoon...that wasn't particularly fascinating or anything.

You see, I'm not very creative. Shhhh, don't tell. You can't be not-very-creative and be in a CREATIVE writing class. I am creative in some aspects: photography, poetry, jewelry making. That sort of stuff. But when it comes to writing stories, well, they say, "Write what you know." And I know me.

That is what inspired me to begin my memoirs. I've always wanted to write a book and, if I put some lovin' into it, I can be a pretty decent writer. I tried to write about an even from November 2005. If you'll recall, that's when I first started my downhill slide. It's nothing fascinating: grocery shopping when a guy called. But it was a pretty significant event for me at the time, so I thought I might include it. The event isn't as vivid as it once was. So either, I care a lot less (this is true) or my memory is fading (Lord, I hope not) or both.

When you are writing the story of your life, how do you pick and choose what stays and what goes?

♥Tiffany♥

1 comment:

Tokyo Pink said...

The things that mean the most to you, that have the most significance. You can put more into those than simple words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird